Wednesday, January 14, 2009

While I was out...


So, if you're wondering why I haven't posted in a while, it's because I've been on vacation for several days. And, though I had fun and am rested, I'm tragically behind on my blog and my TV viewing. I still haven't seen this week's "Gossip Girl" or "Desperate Housewives," and was only semi-conscious while watching "30 Rock" yesterday afternoon. But, I just thought I'd take a moment to check in and give a quick recap of some of the TV happenings of the past few days.
The end of "Prison Break": This week, Fox announced that it was canceling its giddy guilty pleasure of a drama, "Prison Break." That's somewhat bittersweet for me. I believe I'm one of the few people on the planet who not only still watches "Prison Break," but still enjoys it. I'll miss it, but I agree that it's time for the show to end. There's only so much conspiracy, drama, break-ins, and break-outs that one show can handle. "Break" has reached its limit. Besides, William Fichtner, who plays the shows best character, Alexander Mahone, would likely have left after this season anyway. Last I heard, he has a show in development at TNT. I wouldn't want "Break" to go on without him.
The Golden Globes: Even if I wasn't on vacation, I probably wouldn't have watched the Golden Globes anyway. I was so appalled by their failure to nominate so many worthy TV shows and actors (Seriously? Not one nomination for "The Shield?"). All I saw of the awards show was Mickey Rourke accepting a Globe for "The Wrestler." He seemed to be wearing purple sequins and thanked his dogs. I hope he wins an Oscar.
NPH on SNL: I did manage to catch some of Neil Patrick Harris on "Saturday Night Live" this week (I'll get the rest on DVR). Though I love NPH, I felt that (in what I saw, at least) he wasn't used that well. However, I did love that Broadway sketch. And I agree that it's racist to discriminate against people with green skin.
Getting "Lost": Lest you think my vacation was a complete waste, I did manage to sneak away and watch the first two new episodes of "Lost," posted on ABC's web site. I'll have more on that next week, closer to the start of the show's fifth season. But, for now, let me just say two things. The new season looks great. And I am super excited.

No comments: