Monday, November 29, 2010

Soliciting your help...

As 2010 comes to a close, many TV writers are preparing their lists of the year's best shows. I am no exception, but this year, I wanted to add another year end "best" list.
So many of the shows I love are made special by their dialogue. After all, what would "Mad Men" be without the wit and wisdom of Roger Sterling? Would "Glee" be as gleeful without the lacerating put-downs of Sue Sylvester? And would "True Blood" be as much fun without the reliably dumb observations of Jason Stackhouse?
So I'm asking you to help me put together a list of the best quotes of the year. Feel free to post your suggestions below, or e-mail them to me at iscreenyouscreen@gmail.com. I have ideas of my own, but I'd love to hear what you have to say.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I can't think of any specific quotes right now... but anything from LOST, Abed on Community, pretty much any monologue that comes from Don Draper on Mad Men, Sookies' 'That's Fuckin' lame' response to her being a fairy (exactly what I was thinking)...

Looking forward to seeing the list!

einnoczg said...

well, almost any of the one-liners from big bang theory too. that show always catches you off guard with its humour.